Hospice Aide - Full Time Job Opening
Hospice Aide - Full Time
Alabama Hospice Care of Jasper• Jasper, Alabama
Category: Home Health Aide
Under the supervision of Hospice nurses, the Hospice Aide provides direct patient care and services as established in the patient's Plan of Care. The Hospice Aide must be compassionate, mature and able to handle the needs of a Hospice patient and their family. This employee must also have access to a dependable vehicle and be willing to travel to see patients.
Alabama Hospice Care of Jasper, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Under the direction and ongoing supervision of a registered nurse, provides personal direct patient care services as established and delegated in the Plan of Care on a daily basis.
- Reports after patient encounter to the Executive Director, or designee, regarding the patient's condition or environment, following the Care Management process on as needed basis..
- Provides assistance with the following ADLs during each patient visit: mobility, transfers, walking, grooming, bathing, dressing or undressing, eating or toileting.
- Performs incidental household services essential to the patient's health care at home conducting household services that are necessary to prevent or postpone institutionalization on as needed basis.
- Completes a clinical note for each visit which must be incorporated into the patient's record at least on a weekly basis.
- Participates in the in-service program per online educational forum, completing at least six hours of in-services every six months. Must have a minimum of 12 hours of in-service training annually.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality on a regular basis.
- Participates in QAPI plan or process identifying any problems and reporting administrator on a daily or as needed basis.
- Provides emotional support & compassionate care to the patient & family on regular basis.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR certification requirements.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Specific Requirements
- AL - Successful completion of a competency evaluation.
- Mature and able to deal effectively with the demands of a hospice aide position.
- Must be able to read, write, and carry out directions promptly and accurately.