Geriatric Nurse Assistant GNA Job Opening
Geriatric Nurse Assistant GNA
Active Home care Services LLC• Ellicott City, Maryland
Active Home Care Services LLC Agency is seeking experienced, dedicated, compassionate Geriatric Nursing Assistant(GNA) to provide personal care and support services to male client in the comfort of their own homes or facilities in the Ellicott City MD and the surrounding area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides health care tasks, personal hygiene services, housekeeping tasks and other related support services essential to the participant's health
- Prepares and services simple meals according to instruction and assists with feeding as necessary.
- Assists with bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Assists with toileting, including use of bedpan, commode or toilet.
- Assists with transfers and ambulation including use of cane, walker, and wheelchair.
- May assist self-directing participants in applying non-prescription topical medications to skin surface.
- Measures and records vital signs.
- Obtains participant's weight.
- Assist self-directing participants in performing home exercise program.
- Care with urinary catheter care. Assists with emptying of urinary catheter bag.
- Transport participants for errands, as needed.
- Completes all other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Must have successfully completed an approved nurse aide training program, passed a knowledge and clinical skills test, and be registered in the State of Maryland as a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) or Geriatric Nursing Aide(GNA).
- Minimum of two year of experience working with the frail, elderly, or long-term care population preferred.
- Possess current GNA or CNA & CPR/First Aid certification.
- Immunizations and vaccines must be current or medical documentation must be provided from a medical provider with reason (s) to request waiver. (Hepatitis B, Td, PPD specifically)
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and follow written and oral instructions.
- Must be knowledgeable of current nursing assistant practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to home care.
- Must be SPANISH Speaking, have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult participants.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- GNA: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ellicott City, MD (Preferred)
- GNA (Required)
- English (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)