Occupational Therapist Job Opening
Linwood Center, Inc• Ellicott City, Maryland
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating and screening students identified by teachers and/or school personnel using appropriate assessment instruments pertinent to areas of therapy.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of the students.
- Preparing, implementing, and evaluating related services components of the individualized educational plan for each student based on individually assessed needs and in accordance with school system procedures.
- Preparing, implementing and evaluating a plan of care for each student, as needed, in accordance with regulatory procedures.
- Supporting projects and programs designed to serve students in the program. Providing specialized occupational therapy techniques through individual and/or group sessions designed to meet the educational, social, and emotional needs of the students.
- Seeking a variety of services through community resources and agencies to meet the needs of our students.
- Consulting with school staff, parents and other professionals on the student’s behalf as necessary.
- Providing adaptive equipment and assistive devices to the students as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Master’s Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Maryland
- Minimum of three years of related professional experience
- Expertise in working with students with an autism spectrum disorder
- Ability to communicate with and provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities and who are experiencing behavioral challenges.
Please submit an application on our website at www.linwoodcenter.org
Linwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
- occupational therapy: 3 years (Required)
- Master's (Required)
- Ellicott City, MD (Preferred)
- Occupational Therapist (Required)
- United States (Required)