Assembler/Operator II Job Opening
Spectrum SEI Microwave, Inc.• Delmar, Delaware
Welcome to API Technologies! We hire people who are curious, resilient, and want to make a difference. Our employee’s impact goes beyond designing and manufacturing electronic components, together our work is exploring space, protecting soldiers, and saving lives. Our high performance components, assemblies, and subsystems are used inside mission critical environments; such as, the space station, fighter jets, and embedded medical devices. Our company of experienced engineers and technologists work by these values – safety, integrity, respect, ethics, trust and continuous improvement. Join a company where we strive to put excellence in everything we do, including your career.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to use basic electronic measurement devices, typical manufacturing tools, assembly fixtures, and hand tools.
- Build and test basic product to specification while meeting established quality guidelines.
- Complete assigned jobs per established budget.
- Properly use tools and fixtures to prevent part damage/scrap and production down time.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Effectively communicate with team members and management.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions from documented specification drawings and established procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED
- 3 - 5 years experience as Assembler I or in related industry or occupation
- Basic electro-mechanical assembly experience
- Ability to work independently
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: Certification/License requirements vary based on facility location and product.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: None given.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a manufacturing position.
- High School or better
- GED or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.