Lab Assistant Technical - (Part Time) Job Opening
Lab Assistant Technical - (Part Time)
PeaceHealth• Friday Harbor, Washington
PeaceHealth is seeking a Lab Assistant Technical - (Part Time) for a 0.5 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 159699
Performs laboratory testing and support services across the major areas of the laboratory. Performs moderate to high complexity laboratory procedures, as defined by CLIA, according to standard operating procedures. This testing requires the limited exercise of independent judgment and interpretation and is performed under the supervision of a medical laboratory technician, medical technologist, technical specialist, or department supervisor.
Under the directions of a qualified medical technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician, the technician may perform a variety of the following job functions:
- Perform phlebotomy and specimen processing as necessary.
- Follows established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens for analysis.
- Performs high or moderately complex analytical tests or procedures as assigned. Recognizes abnormal results and follows up as defined in standard operating procedures.
- Operates point of care and laboratory instruments as assigned. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and notifies appropriate technical personnel.
- Performs routine quality control and maintains accurate records. Recognizes out-of-control results and notifies technical personnel.
- Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and takes appropriate action according to predetermined protocols.
- Communicates information such as test results, normal range, and specimen requirements to authorized sources.
- Demonstrates laboratory technical skills to new caregivers and students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- May require up to an Associates of Science degree for positions with high complexity testing requirements.
- Clinical Laboratory experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy training or experience required.
- Caregiver will be asked to demonstrate your phlebotomy skill.
- Must obtain MA-P license from the WA State DOH within 6 months of hire.
- 7.5 hours HIV/AIDS training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Working knowledge of specimen collection, preparation, and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquiries.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Mathematical ability to calculate fractions, percentages, ratios, proportion measurements and apply practical algebra.
- General understanding of laboratory equipment to calibrate and do minor repairs.
Works in a clinical laboratory or hospital setting. Intermittently (1-5% of the time) works in other office, client and conference facility environments. Continuous (67 - 100%) exposure to moderate noise level. The ability to frequently (34-66 %) stand, walk or sit is required. Continuous (67 - 100%) handling of small objects up to 10 pounds including lifting and carrying is required. Intermittent (1-5%) lifting and carrying of up to 45 pounds is required. Must have good manual dexterity of both hands and employ fine hand movements to continuously (67 - 100%) manipulate instruments, computer terminal keyboards and other items. Good corrected vision and the ability to do near point work at varying distances from the eye is required. The ability to identify and distinguish colors is required. Tasks involve potential for exposure to blood or body fluids containing blood, or other potentially infectious materials, and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. Continuous (67 - 100%) use of clinical laboratory reagents and chemicals is required.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Friday Harbor community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email [email protected] Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Friday Harbor, Peace Island Medical Center (221)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $17.26, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Friday Harbor || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Lab Services || Part Time || TESTING SERVICES