Occupational Therapist - PRN Job Opening
Occupational Therapist - PRN
Alacare Home Health & Hospice• Rainsville, Alabama
Category: Occupational Therapist
A career at Alacare allows you to truly make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. As a member of the Alacare team, your skills are fully engaged in delivering compassionate care. Regardless if you are in the field or behind the scenes, each day is filled with meaningfulness and satisfaction. Career opportunities can be found in almost every county in the State of Alabama at each of our 24 locations. Our team of dedicated professionals are focused on providing outstanding care and strive for high patient satisfaction. If you are ready to take your career to a new level, consider Alacare and apply today
Provides quality occupational therapy services for homebound and Hospice patients. Initiates Occupational Therapy Program to be followed by Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant.
Education Required: Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program or completion of the American Occupational Therapist Association career mobility program. Successful completion of a minimum of six (6) months Level II field work experience. Successful completion of American Occupational Therapist Association certification Examination for Registered Occupational Therapist.
Experience Required: One (1) year clinical experience strongly desired. Internships may be counted as professional experience.
Experience Desired: Two (2) years experience in home health.
- Current Alabama Registered Occupational Therapist Association license.
- Current Alabama Driver's License
- Current automobile liability insurance
- current cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR)
- Must be able to perform limited to full range heavy work requiring sitting, standing, walking, and driving.
- Must possess vision, hearing, feeling, physical strength and dexterity necessary to maintain a driver’s license and operate an automobile.
- Must be able to climb stairs, access and operate elevators, and access patients’ homes which may not have conventional access accommodations. Must be able to maneuver on all types of terrain.
- Must be able to turn, lift, carry, and otherwise transport patients.
- Must possess vision, hearing, feeling, physical strength and dexterity necessary to perform all duties of a Registered Occupational Therapist.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals both orally and in writing. Must be able to give and receive instructions and information, both in person and via telephone.
- Work requires exerting force of up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds constantly in moving objects or materials.