Full Time LPN Travel Nurse Job Opening
Full Time LPN Travel Nurse
QCHC Inc• Moulton, Alabama
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Site Administrator/Coordinator the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides nursing services to patients within a correctional environment. The LPN delivers nursing care as directed by the Physician within the scope of the State Board of Nursing Practice for the LPN.
This position will cover the following counties in Alabama: Marion, Lawrence, Colbert, and Morgan.
- Take and document vital signs
- Assist with all activities of daily living as required of an inmate in a medical clinic bed including turning & repositioning if infirmary beds provided at the site.
- Assess and report changes in patient's condition.
- Obtain patient history
- Assist with examinations and/or treatments and document correctly.
- Implement triage/sick-call procedures designed for the facility
- Administer medications in accordance with nursing standards and correctional regulations
- Accurately document all patient information, nursing assessments and interventions
- Read and comply with new standards, correctional regulations and /or QCHC directives
- Actively participate in the inmate health education program
- Complete all assignments within the prescribed time frame
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment in the workplace including patient rooms
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all required technical skills appropriately and safely
- Demonstrate understanding of the health care mission of the unit and the place of his/her assignment in the completion of the mission
- Provide assistance to co-workers as needed to assure that the shared mission of the unit is optimally fulfilled
- Assist in orientation of new staff members as requested
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement activities
- Attend ALL mandatory meetings and 80% of non-mandatory meetings a year
- Utilize appropriate/effective verbal and written communication
- Comply with QCHC attendance policy as identified in the Employee Handbook
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Successful completion of an Accredited Vocational/Technical School
Current and valid LPN or LVN license
Minimum of one year of clinical experience in a health care setting as as LPN. One year experience in a correctional health care setting is preferred.