Mental Health Therapist Job Opening
Mental Health Therapist
New Horizons Wellness Services, LLC• Tigard, Oregon
New Horizons Wellness Services, LLC hiring now for Psychologists, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) to join our team in June 2019. At this time, we are looking for full-time employees (32 or more client hours per week). We provide full administrative support, scheduling, billing, consultation, and referrals. We are a growing, therapist-owned, multidisciplinary clinic that values collaboration with other therapists and professionals. We work with children, adolescents, and adults from all backgrounds who have mental health and/or neurodevelopmental needs. We offer counseling and occupational and speech therapy services in Tigard and surrounding communities.
This is an opportunity for a therapist who wants to work with clients in a private practice setting without having to deal with the business side of a private practice. Candidates must be licensed as a Psychologist, LPC, or LCSW. While it’s important to be able to work independently, you will also be working as part of a multidisciplinary team. The ideal candidate would provide 30 or more client hours per week, and provide counseling to individuals, families, or couples. Varying specializations and theoretical orientation are welcome and encouraged.We encourage learning and development and offer a supportive, collaborative work environment.
- Offer professional counseling services to any of the following: children, adolescents, and adults, with mild to moderate mental health and neurodevelopmental conditions via individual counseling, family counseling, or couples' therapy.
- Maintain professional license in the state of Oregon.
- Conduct sessions with scheduled clients using professional counseling standards in accordance with individual treatment plans; document treatment plans, counseling sessions, assessments (if needed or required) and interventions according to professional counseling records standards; complete a comprehensive intake and develop a diagnosis and treatment plan for each client.
- Follow legal and professional counseling obligations, such as HIPAA compliance and confidentiality, as well as all federal, state and local legal guidelines, license criteria and applicable Code of Ethics.
- Maintain professional conduct in accordance with the brand and mission of New Horizons Wellness Services, LLC.
- Must pass State-required background check.
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Compensation is based on the number of clinical hours completed each month. Part-time is considered 20 face-to-face client hours per week and full-time is considered to be at least 32 face-to-face client hours per week. The earning potential depends upon client caseload. Building a case load and retaining clients effectively takes time, so a ramping-up period of lower income can be expected in the first 2-4 months.
- This position is an Employee Position (W2 form for IRS tax purposes) not a Contract Position (1099). As a W2 employee you will have the opportunity to receive more benefits and better pay.
- Beginning at part-time you will be eligible to participate in the company’s 401K plan with company match. At full-time you will be eligible to earn PTO and participate in the company’s healthcare plan (medical, dental, and vision).
- You will have flexible work hours that can include evenings and weekends. You can choose your hours in conjunction with office space availability (Monday through Thursday 9AM to 7PM; Friday 9AM to 5pm).
- You are not required to leave a current job to start working with our team. If you are attempting a transition from agency work, our clinic offers a considerably more flexible work environment and allows for specialization in one's preferred areas of therapy. Moreover, less documentation is required in private practice. Documentation is still required, including some basic assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes, but not to the degree of agency record keeping. Our electronic health record system makes this process very easy.
- Professional liability insurance provided.
- The following is available for all of our providers: (1) Shared comfortable furnished office space and waiting area; (2) Breakroom with microwave, fridge, water, etc. (3) Access to and training in Electronic Health Record (EHR) use, fee collection; (4) office staff to manage billing services and new client phone inquiries; (5) marketing, e.g., photography, profile space on the NHWS website, profile on Psychology Today, and potentially a social media presence for our clinic/clinicians to introduce therapists to the community; (6) Assistance with the credentialing process with insurance companies; (7) Wi-Fi for you and your clients, email address, and phone services.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AS A NEW HORIZONS WELLNESS SERVICES PROVIDER:
- A positive, supportive and flexible work environment where all clinicians, staff and clients are cared for, supported, and provided with an opportunity to thrive.
- A new, professional, attractive and clean office environment.
- You have the freedom to focus fully on you therapy work with clients without having to worry about billing, space, phone intakes, etc.
- You have administrative staff to schedule your patients.
- You have the freedom to be the clinician that you want to be; developing your personal style as a clinician and having time for self-care and enrichment.
- You will have the freedom to create and collaborate, to form new groups, to lead workshops, write blog posts for the website, and create meaningful therapeutic content through the New Horizons Wellness Services brand.
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in clinical psychology, counseling, social work, or a closely related field.
Job Type: Full-time
- mental health: 1 year (Required)
- Master's (Required)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Required)
- Psychologist (Required)
- LPC (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- One location